Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

static link problem (mkl 6.1, ic 8.1, Itanium)

zok
Beginner
I am trying to build astatically linked code using the above to test how it runs on a different machine where ic 8.1 is not available. When linking with
-L/opt/intel/mkl/lib/64 -lmkl_ipf -lmkl_lapack -lguide -lm -lpthread -static -static-libcxa
the compiler retruns me
/opt/intel/mkl/lib/64/libmkl_lapack.a(dgetrf_omp.o): In function `_dgetrf_omp_269__par_loop0':
dgetrf_omp.o(.text+0x1442): undefined reference to `dtrsm'
/opt/intel/mkl/lib/64/libmkl_lapack.a(dgetrf_omp.o): In function `_dgetrf_omp_319__par_loop1':
dgetrf_omp.o(.text+0x2002): undefined reference to `dtrsm'
What's wrong?Where does OpenMP come from?
There isneither -openmp nor -parallel in the command.
Thanks to all in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Are you raising 3 or more issues here? I don't see any problem demonstrated, other than your backwards order of library references. As I'm sure you read, mkl itself is build with -openmp.
0 Kudos
zok
Beginner
> Are you raising 3 or more issues here?

The _only_ issue I have is how to build a statically linked code using IC 8.x and MKL (i.e. independent portable binary) > I don't see any problem demonstrated, other than your > backwards order of library references. Are you suggesting I should be using -static before mkl? Apart from that my order is exactly the same as in MKL 6.1 tech user notes. > As I'm sure you read, mkl itself is build with -openmp So you are saying there are no two MKLs with and without -openmp. There's only one and this is the reason why -lpthread must be _always_ used to link with MKL. Therefore I might havethe stackproblem because of the Linuxthreads limitations. But I still should be able to build statically, shouldn't I?
0 Kudos
Todd_R_Intel
Employee

dgetrf is an LAPACK function that calls dtrsm (a function in the BLAS). So you libmkl_ipf should come after libmkl_lapack. If you got this from the tech user notes you should probably submit a bug.

MKL is built with openmp and the function calls generated by this can be resolved in libguide which you already have on your link line.

-Todd

0 Kudos