Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

undefined symbol: mkl_dft_xc_4step_scale_4

utab
Beginner
Hi all,

I was trying to compile UMFPACK with intel mkl blas and intel mkl lapack so I used the command line options for the UMFPACK BLAS and LAPACK definitions as given by the link advisor like.

-L/home/utabak/intel/composerxe-2011/mkl/lib/intel64/ -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lpthread

Now the problem is that it compiles and links fine however I get a

./umfpack_simple: symbol lookup error: /home/utabak/intel/composerxe-2011/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_sequential.so: undefined symbol: mkl_dft_xc_4step_scale_4

from the simple umfpack example. So I was using GotoBlas on my local laptop to do this. But on the linux cluster, I could not compile goto and gave a intel mkl a try and got this error. Basically what I try to do is to use blas and lapack of the mkl library, what should be the workaround?

Best regards,
Umut
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_B_Intel
Employee
Hi Umut,

Probably a mix of different versions of MKL is present in the environment, which makes the loader to complaint on a symbol not found in previous versioin of the shared library. You could see the loader traces byrunning the program as follows:

LD_DEBUG=symbols ./umfpack_simple

or

LD_DEBUG=all ./umfpack_simple

Thanks
Dima
0 Kudos