Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

update MKL 2013.4.190 fails to install documentation in MS Help Viewer

snowman
Beginner

After upgrade to Intel Visual Fortran Compser XE 2013.4, including MKL, for Windows (released on May 29),

no MKL documentation has been integrated in MSHelp 2.0, due apparently non-updated links (see image below)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Could you verify if mkl_userguide_11_0_3.cab file exists in some folder on your system?
0 Kudos
snowman
Beginner

Dear Sergey,

I have already solved the problem on my computer.

The problem was due to different version numbers in the file names:

1) in the file helpcontentsetup.msha references are given to the following files:
mkl_userguide_11_0_3.cab
mklman_11_0_3.cab

2) presented are files:
mkl_userguide_11_0_4.cab with mklman_11_0_3.mshc inside, and
mklman_11_0_4.cab with mkl_userguide_11_0_3.mshc inside

So, my solution was just to rename mkl_userguide_11_0_4.cab -> mkl_userguide_11_0_3.cab, and
mklman_11_0_4.cab -> mklman_11_0_3.cab.

Then, the documentation can be added into the help system manually.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

I don't see the problem. I installed 2013.4.190 on the clear system and all work as expected. Do you see the *.cab files into the Documentation directory?

0 Kudos
Alexander_U_1
Beginner

Dear Gennady, the problem exists, see above.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>I have already solved the problem on my computer. >> >>The problem was due to different version numbers in the file names: >> >>1) in the file helpcontentsetup.msha references are given to the following files: >>mkl_userguide_11_0_3.cab >>mklman_11_0_3.cab Thanks for the update and I think MKL Installer team needs to make a note about that issue.
0 Kudos