Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

where are -lmkl_lapack -lmkl -lguide -lpthread?

nadia1989
Beginner
I have to modify one Makefile according to my OS environment.
"LAPACK = -L/usr/site/intelmkl-9.0.018/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack -lmkl -lguide -lpthread"

I have installed the free Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 for Linux . It is said that the MKL library is included.

My install directionary is /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1, I found the /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1/mkl/lib/intel64 directory and only found libmkl_lapack95_ilp64.a and libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a, is one of the two the mkl_lapack library and where are the three other libraries?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Since MKL 10.3 a new directory hierarchy has being established. Please see this KB article here about that here A new directory hierarchy in Intel MKL package

Also, please see the MKL Linker Adviser to select all mkls libraries required for linking mkl.

--Gennady

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The lapack95 libraries contain the lapack95 wrappers. Basic f77 lapack is included along with blas in the minimum group of libraries. -lguide hasn't been supported for several years, as it was replaced by -liomp5.
If you don't want to deal at first with the link advisor, -mkl option may be sufficient to get started with the most common situations.
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
> If you don't want to deal at first with the link advisor, -lmkl -mkl option may be sufficient to get started with the most common situations.
0 Kudos
Huang__Wenlin
Beginner

Have you ever solved this problem? I meet the same problem when i intall a software, the makefile include libs -lmkl_lapack -lmkl -lguide -lpthread.

If this libs replaced by others libs?

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Use the MKL link line advisor at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor to find out what -l options to use for your version of compiler+MKL, and modify the makefile to suit.

0 Kudos