Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

who calls mkl_progress()?

jd_weeks
Beginner

I find in the MKL documentation:

The progress function mkl_progress is regularly called from some LAPACK and DSS/PARDISOfunctions during the computation. Refer to a specific LAPACK or DSS/PARDISO functiondescription to see whether the function supports this feature or not.

But a search of the MKL Manual doesn't reveal any mention ofmkl_progress() in the reference documentation for LAPACK routines. Where can I find information about this?

Thanks!

-John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
Hi John,

Take a look at our online reference manual. If you do a search for "progress" (not "mkl_progress" as I wrote the first time : ) ... ) you see the following functions come up: ?gbtrf, ?getrf, ?hetrf, ?hptrf, ?pbtrf, ?potrf, ?pptrf, ?sptrf, ?sytrf, ?gelqf, ?geqrf, ?gerqf, and teh direct sparse solver (both PARDISO and DSS interfaces of course).

Each of these functions has a little blurb:

This routine supports the Progress Routine feature.

-Todd
0 Kudos
jd_weeks
Beginner
Thanks, Todd.
Now that I know to search on "progress" and not "mkl_progress" I can find it in the PDF manual that comes with MKL.
-John
0 Kudos
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
Sure. After reading the mkl_progress() description in the manual, a search for "mkl_progress" is the most natural thing in the world. I asked the documentation team to add that to the note so its easier to find.

Todd
0 Kudos