oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1285 Discussions

EMA server installation - error connecting to SQL Server DB

EduardoGarcia
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install Intel EMA (v. 1.5.1.0) on a Windows Server 2019 VM. When trying to configure the database connection, I'm getting the error message in the first attached screenshot. I've tried to configure both a local SQL Server DB and a remote DB server.

Also, when I run the installer, before it opens, I get the error message in the second screenshot. I think it might be related to the DB connection error.

Does anyone know what could cause these errors?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
31 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello EduardoGarcia,

Thank you for your post.

Please allow us to check more additional information and we will get back to you.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Eduardo,

The Powershell command would test remote manageability using RDP. The customer needs to see if the SQL port is open. By default, it is 1433 unless you or the DBA team remapped the port.

You could use the PowerShell Command with port 1433, assuming it wasn't remapped.

test-networkconnection <IP ADDRESS> -p 1433

Can you please let us know what port you believe the SQL server is listening on and then test to see if the port is open to the EMA server? Also, please verify there are no FW/ACLs blocking the path between the two nodes.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
EduardoGarcia
Beginner

Hello Sergio,

The connection test failed on the remote DB server. However, the lerros in the last screenshot I sent happened when I tried to use a SQL Server DB running on the EMA server. I believe there might be another cause for these errors, not (or not only) the connection via port 1433.

Regards,

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EduardoGarcia,

We are following your case and would like to know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EduardoGarcia,

Can you please let us know what port you believe the SQL server is listening on, and then test to see if the port is open to the EMA server? Also, please verify there are no FW/ACLs blocking the path between the two nodes.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
EduardoGarcia
Beginner

Hello Sergio,

The remote server is listenning in port 1433 and it's open. We've already configured our FW to allow this connection.

Regards.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EduardoGarcia,

We are following your case and would like to know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EduardoGarcia,

We are following your case and would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this thread.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EduardoGarcia,

Can you please let us know if you are getting any error message and if so, can you please provide us an screenshot?

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
EduardoGarcia
Beginner

Hello Sergio,

I'm not getting eny arror messages. The connection test succeeded now.

Regards

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello EduardoGarcia,

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that you are not getting any more errors and the connection is working.

We will proceed to close this question but if you need more assistance please post a new question.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos