oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Solution not valid

eldiener
New Contributor I

An answer to a previous question of mine was marked as a solution by the answerer, not by me. The answer is not a solution to my question. Is there really no way for me to unmark the answer as the solution ? It appears that as soon as some answerer marks his answer as a solution, that is the end of the question and no one else answers it. Which does me no good of course.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi Edward, the information we had provided is only for the paid licenses. They qualify only for free upgrade to the corrosponding Intel® oneAPI Toolkit and the componenets also includes Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® System Studio if it's a paid. The free licenses such as student, educator, open source contributor, or Intel® Performance Libraries do not qualify for free upgrade. However, you can re-apply for a free product using the below link.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html#student 

Note - Make sure to download and install first the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit are available for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*. Intel® oneAPI IOT Toolkit is available for Windows and Linux.

Qualification – No qualification is required.

Support – All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are available at no cost and include community forum support. Community Forums

Licensing – Install and run the tools under the terms of use found in the End User License Agreement. No license files are needed.

Kindly check the below link for more information.

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-commercial-faq.html

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

The link basically says that oneAPI is free and there is no longer any licenses for it for open source developers. That is OK. I just wanted to understand if my previous open source developer license was still in effect for the oneAPI product.

0 Kudos
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi Edward, please be informed that an open-source developer license is a free license and it can not be upgraded to Intel® oneAPI products.

If you wish to use Intel® oneAPI products, you have to apply for a free product using the below link.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html#student 

You can also purchase a new product by Choosing from the below options:

• To purchase a new product, kindly visit the Intel® Web Store.
  • If you wish to purchase your license from a reseller, contact them to make your purchase.

Have a nice day ahead!

0 Kudos