Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Cannot find composite_node with clang

Florian_J_
Beginner

I experiment with the TBB composite node and the TBB CMake scripts.

My test repository https://github.com/thedarksideofthemoon/tbb-test works fine when I compile it using GCC 5.4 at Ubuntu 16.04. However, I cannot get my test program to compile with Clang 6.0. Instead, I get the compiler error error: unknown template name 'composite_node'.

Do I need any additional flags to find the composite_node?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nikita_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Florian,

We do not support pre-release compiler versions. Your test compiles well on Clang 4.0. Why do you need exactly Clang 6.0?

Nikita

Vladimir_P_Intel2

Hello, 

you can define __TBB_FLOW_GRAPH_CPP11_FEATURES macro to 1 to overcome this particular problem with this prereleased compiler.

--Vladimir

Florian_J_
Beginner
I get the same error message on my Mac using stable Apple Clang 8.1.0. (XCode 8.3.3).

The  __TBB_FLOW_GRAPH_CPP11_FEATURES definition did the trick, though. Thank you very much!
Nikita_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Florian!

I have checked your tbb-test example on Ubuntu 16.04 with clang 6.0 and everything is ok. Could you please compile test_composite_node with stdver=c++11 enabled?

Nikita

Florian_J_
Beginner

I updated the repository with stdver=c++11 – with no effect. 

error: no type named 'composite_node' in namespace 'tbb::flow'