Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
2421 Discussions

Compiling TBB with Android NDK r9c in Windows 7

Alex_H_
Beginner

Hi,

My working platform:

WIndows 7 + Android NDK r9c + Cygwin installed

I download Intel TBB (tbb42_20131118oss), and trying to compile it for arm/x86, what I did is

in Windows command box, change to the top-level directory of Intel TBB source tree, then give the command

ndk-build target=android tbb

The error I got are:

src/Makefile:29: ../build common.inc: No such file or directory

c:/android/android-ndk-r9c/build/core/build-all.mk:89: Android NDK: WARNING: There are no modules to build in this project!

make.exe: *** No rule to make target '../build/common.inc'. Stop.

in TBB source tree, .\build\index.html, it seems that it is for Linux? 

Should I build TBB for Android only in Linux box, or anything I did wrong? 

Thanks.

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_P_Intel2

Hello, try  the follwing command

ndk-build target=android tbb -C c:\program_code\tbb42_20131118oss\jni tbb_os=windows

ndk-build needs to be run from jni folder in this case.

--Vladimir

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vladimir_P_Intel2

Somehow it did not recognize that this is a windows build.

pls try the following command

ndk-build target=android tbb tbb_os=windows

--Vladimir

Alex_H_
Beginner

Hi Valdimir,

Thanks for reply. I tried your solution, but still no luck. I append a "-d" flag in my command line 

Here the output with this command line

ndk-build target=android tbb -C c:\program_code\tbb42_20131118oss -d tbb_os=windows

the output is attached to this message, seems that it always working with ../src/Makefile, but not the top-level Makefile, is that the problem? Thanks for your time.

Alex

Alex_H_
Beginner

Hi Valdimir,

I finally gave up in Windows 7, and turn to Ubuntu box. The first tries still failed, so I tried to get into ".\src" folder, then run ndk-build, this time, everything just goes well. Not yet tested these binary files in Android App, will tried later. 

I still got one question is, anything I did wrong in Windows platform? or, you suggest that we do this compilation in Linux in the future?

Thanks.

--------------------------------

In Windows 7, I tested several other way, the only way I can get a bit closer is:

1. use bash shell

2. enter ".\src" folder of tbb source tree

3. run command line

ndk-build target=android tbb

4. it starts compiling, but complaining a lot of file (header files) missing, for example "../../include/tbb/tbb_staddef.h"

also, there is an error that says

getconf: Unrecognized variable 'GNU_LIBC_VERSION'

maybe that is the problem in windows that can not find gcc

----------------

Vladimir_P_Intel2

Hello, try  the follwing command

ndk-build target=android tbb -C c:\program_code\tbb42_20131118oss\jni tbb_os=windows

ndk-build needs to be run from jni folder in this case.

--Vladimir

Alex_H_
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

That was it. I can make it in Windows 7 in the way you provide. x86 and arm are fine.

Thank you very much. 

Alex

Vladimir_P_Intel2

Great, we'll try to add more diagnostics to android makefile files.

--Vladimir