Praveen
Beginner

Compiling error help needed

Jump to solution
In linux FC 9
while trying to compile a program with this command

g++ -02 -DNDEBUG -m32 -o 1.cpp -ltbb

I got This

"/opt/intel/tbb/tbb20_020oss/em64t/cc4.1.0_libc2.4_kernel2.6.16.21/lib/libtbb.so: file not recognised : File Format Not recognised returned 1exit status "

What is this error Can any one please please help ?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee
Are you compilinga 32-bit binary on a 64-bit system?

If so, set the environment for TBB to reference 32-bit libraries, by sourcing a tbbvars.sh (or csh) file from one of directories under linux/ia32 (and not em64t, which seems to be the default).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee

If so, set the environment for TBB to reference 32-bit libraries, by sourcing a tbbvars.sh (or csh) file from one of directories under linux/ia32 (and not em64t, which seems to be the default).

View solution in original post

Praveen
Beginner

Thank you very much. Finally I Got it
Praveen
Beginner

been struggling with this for 4 days. I am Using Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz. I thought it is EM64T. so i sourced that file in the EM64t Directory.

Does the above processor belong to EM64t category?? If it belonged to that category then why did the above mentioned problem occur??

Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee
Quoting - Praveen
I am Using Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz. I thought it is EM64T. so i sourced that file in the EM64t Directory.

Does the above processor belong to EM64t category?? If it belonged to that category then why did the above mentioned problem occur??

The -m32 option in command line tells that the resulting binary should be 32-bit. While the processor does support Intel 64 architecture (also known as EM64T), your operation system can be 32-bit, or else the compiler is configured to build 32-bit programs.
Praveen
Beginner

The -m32 option in command line tells that the resulting binary should be 32-bit. While the processor does support Intel 64 architecture (also known as EM64T), your operation system can be 32-bit, or else the compiler is configured to build 32-bit programs.

My OS is 32 bit. And the gcc i is not configured to build it.

Thank you once again for clearing that up