I installed the Intel libraries for vs2015 and have ran TBBVars.bat with intel64 and vs2015 , also TBBVars.bat with ia32 and vs2015 parameters. I also installed the path of the libraries and the include in VC+ directories .
The path for the library in my case is : C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\tbb\lib\ia32_win\vc14
I tried to compile several examples supplied by Intel. The compilation is OK for the include files but not for the libraries, VS2015 ends with the following error message
"Could not determine path to TBB libraries"
What is the setting missing to succeed the compilation with VS2015?
Thank for your quick reply
I started the VS2015 by clicking on the parallel_preorder.sln file. The same problem occurs when starting vs2015 from the start menu and then loading the example with the command "File" "Open" "Project/Solution"
Try to open developer command prompt for Visual Studio (see "To open a Developer Command Prompt window" section), run tbbvars.bat and then run Visual Studio (run "devenv"). After it, use the usual flow "File"->"Open"->"Project/Solution". Please, let me know if it works for you.
Thank Alex, Unfortunately, your suggestion was unsuccessful. Sorry for the delay of my reply, I reinstalled my computer (Lenovo T510) completely to avoid any interference with other applications, please review my installation:
- Format the main C Drive
- Reinstall windows 7 pro from the factory disk
- Full update Windows 7 Pro
- Install MsOffice 2015
- Install Visual Studio 2015
- Full update again (more than 500 updates installed in total !!!)
- Install w_daal_2017.3.210 Library
- Install w_ipp_2017.3.210 Library
- Install w_mkl_2017.3.210 Library
- Install w_mpi_p_2017.3.210 Library
- Install w_tbb_2017.6.210 Library
- Download examples from https://software.intel.com/en-us/product-code-samples
- Run the developer command prompt for vs2015
- Change folder to retrieve tbbvars in the tbb/bin folder = C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\tbb\bin
- run tbbvars intel64 vs2015
- Run VS2015
- Load and compile the example «Parallel_Preorder »
- Result : could not find the following includes : tbb/task_scheduler_init.h and tbb/parallel_do.h
- Set the VC+ Directory for the include : C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\tbb\include
- Set the VC+ Directory for the library : C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\tbb\lib\intel64_win\vc14
- Compile the solution
- Result : « Could not determine path to TBB libraries »
- error MSB3073: The command "call "C:\Users\Roger\Documents\Tutorial\tbb\parallel_do\parallel_preorder\msvs\\..\..\..\common\copy_libraries.bat" intel64 debug "C:\Users\Roger\AppData\Local\Temp\tbb_examples\x64\Debug\"
- Change Output Directory and Immediate Directory in General for « Inherit from Parent »
- Result : Could not determine path to TBB libraries
- C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(133,5): error MSB3073: The command "call "C:\Users\Roger\Documents\Tutorial\tbb\parallel_do\parallel_preorder\msvs\\..\..\..\common\copy_libraries.bat" intel64 debug "C:\Users\Roger\Documents\Tutorial\tbb\parallel_do\parallel_preorder\msvs\x64\Debug\"
At this stage, I have no idea to have the examples compiled without error.
Looking further the error information supplied by vs2015, the line "C:\Users\Roger\Documents\Tutorial\tbb\parallel_do\parallel_preorder\msvs\\..\..\..\common\copy_libraries.bat" is incorrect. it should be " C:\Users\Roger\Documents\Tutorial\tbb\parallel_do\parallel_preorder\msvs\..\..\..\common\copy_libraries.bat"
Any idea where to change this line in the vs2015 menu?
I found the error but do not have the solution
This samples supplied by Intel executes a bat file location in the Post-Build Event in the Property page. This bat file fails to locate the TBB library folder.
The only solution I found is to manually copy the files expected to be copied by the bat file and delete the "call installed in the Post-Event in the property page. This action with all other settings made for the includes and library succeed to compile but the software still do not run because it cannot find the Kernel32.DLL etc...
Thank you for the investigation. The copy_libraries.bat relies on the TBBROOT environment variable. For some reason it is not defined to a proper value on your machine. Let me ask you additional questions about steps 15 and 16:
Roger B. wrote:
15. run tbbvars intel64 vs2015
16. Run VS2015
Could you check the TBBROOT value after step 15 (by running "echo %TBBROOT%"). As for step 16, do you run VS2015 by typing "devenv" from the same console window where step 15 is performed?
WOH, it is working when starting the vs2015 by typing devenv with the position in the right folder. This way to start VS2015 is new for me.
Thank for your help. The next step for me will be to reproduce the appropriate setup for my software.