Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Cross Compile TBB for Aarch64

Tus__Aedi
Beginner

Hi,

I have a cmake project which uses TBB. I have compiled TBB natively and there is no problem here. I have NVIDIA Jetson Tx2 Developer kit which has Linux 18.04 and aarch64 system. So, I want to cross compile my cmake project for it.   

My pc uses:

• Linux 18.04,
  • gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu compiler, (L4T Toolchain)
  • tbb_2019 version

I have looked at the TBB's official installation document but couldn't find cross compile related things. I am new to TBB so can you tell me how to cross compile for aarch64 (if possible) step by step? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel

Hi,

This is a question that requires understanding of the TBB build process. I asked TBB developers to help through the internal email. You might also contact them directly:

1) Publicly on the forum: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-threading-building-blocks 

2) Directly to the team; In the linked documentation we have included the contact email Inteltbbdevelopers@intel.com

0 Kudos
Aleksei_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Aedi,

Have you followed the instructions described at TBB cmake modules page?

In particular, source package integration instructions that include steps to build the library from the sources (see TBBBuild module). You might want to specify here custom make args to cross compile the library (e.g. "arch=arm64").

Hope this helps!

-Aleksei

0 Kudos