Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Deploy TBB for linux as private .so

jogshy
New Contributor I
I'm working with OpenSUSE 11.3 which has no TBB available from their package system, so I must deploy the TBB DLLs as private assembly.

I don't want to copy them to /usr/lib nor to add my app's install path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH to avoid conflicts so, ideally, I want to copy the DLLs as:

[PlaceWhereTheUserInstallsMyApp]/MyApp -> My executable file
[PlaceWhereTheUserInstallsMyApp]/libtbb.so

I've seen GCC can use the "rpath" option but I'm not sure how to use it properly and I could not find any reference about how to deploy the TBB's dynamic libraries under linux in the TBB's doc.

Help, please.
thx
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adunsmoor
New Contributor I
Using rpath works well. You can use a special variable in the rpath called $ORIGIN to specific a location relative to your executable. There is a nice writeup here:
Using ORIGIN for a dynamic runtime library search path

View solution in original post

2 Replies
adunsmoor
New Contributor I
Using rpath works well. You can use a special variable in the rpath called $ORIGIN to specific a location relative to your executable. There is a nice writeup here:
Using ORIGIN for a dynamic runtime library search path
jogshy
New Contributor I
Oh, nice! Like the Mac's install_name_tool @executablepath then !