Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

ERROR MSVCP100.dll is missing

nilsm
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I had use the TBB to optimize a fractal-program and it woks very well on my PC. I used Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows 7. But when I try to start the program on a other PC I became a runtime-error: MSVCP100.dll is missing. I have find out that MSVCP100.dll is a Library that allows to work onassembler-level and that thector of the scheduler needs the dll, but I could find a answer to solve that problem.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tux__the_Linux_Pengu
Quoting nilsm

Hello everyone,

I had use the TBB to optimize a fractal-program and it woks very well on my PC. I used Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows 7. But when I try to start the program on a other PC I became a runtime-error: MSVCP100.dll is missing. I have find out that MSVCP100.dll is a Library that allows to work onassembler-level and that thector of the scheduler needs the dll, but I could find a answer to solve that problem.

Hello!

I think you have to install the VC++ redistributable package(on the computer with the error), according to here:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-en/vcgeneral/thread/e2732f7a-9ce7-4f82-a422-b69ea88f9e8f

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890
Hi nilsm,
which version os visual studio do you use? you need to take appropriate dlls for that visual studio.
for example if you use visual studio 2008 you need to take tbb binaries from vc9 folder. if you use composer or compiler 11.1 you can select "use TBB" flag.
--Vladimir
0 Kudos
Tux__the_Linux_Pengu
Hi nilsm,
which version os visual studio do you use? you need to take appropriate dlls for that visual studio.
for example if you use visual studio 2008 you need to take tbb binaries from vc9 folder. if you use composer or compiler 11.1 you can select "use TBB" flag.
--Vladimir

Isn't msvcp100.dll something to do with Microsoft? (ms=Microsoft)

0 Kudos
Tux__the_Linux_Pengu
Quoting nilsm

Hello everyone,

You could also build statically.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcprerelease/thread/0ce7f89d-dbca-44c7-82b3-b49958ce89d0

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

AFAIK this is C++ runtime for visual studio 2010. open source tbb binaries depends on runtime. So you just need to take tbb.dll version from the appropriate bin\\vc* folder.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

to build tbb with static runtime you can pass 'runtime=vc_mt' parameter to the make, e.g.

[bash]gmake runtime=vc_mt[/bash]

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Tux__the_Linux_Pengu

AFAIK this is C++ runtime for visual studio 2010. open source tbb binaries depends on runtime. So you just need to take tbb.dll version from the appropriate bin\\vc* folder.

--Vladimir

However, if tbb depends on c++ runtimes, won't you need the c++ runtime and the tbb.dll? Sorry if I'm getting annoying!

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

However, if tbb depends on c++ runtimes, won't you need the c++ runtime and the tbb.dll? Sorry if I'm getting annoying!

I'm not sure I understood the question. Could you pls re-phrase it?

as example

bin\ia32\vc9\tbb.dll depends on
msvcr90.dll- runtime
msvcp90.dll C++
kernel32.dll

bin\ia32\vc10\tbb.dll depends on
msvcr100.dll- runtime
msvcp100.dll C++
kernel32.dll

so in case you have VS 2008 installed you need to use

bin\ia32\vc9\tbb.dll which should automatically take libraries installed on your machine. and if you haveVS 2010 installed you need to use bin\ia32\vc10\tbb.dll

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Tux__the_Linux_Pengu

What I mean is, if you don't have any version of vc++ or tbb on the machine with the error, won't you need the tbb dll and the c++ runtime, or just the vc++ runtime?

0 Kudos
Tux__the_Linux_Pengu

What I mean is, if you don't have any version of vc++ or tbb on the machine with the error, won't you need the tbb dll and the c++ runtime, or just the vc++ runtime?

I'm guessing that thisthread is resolved.
0 Kudos