Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
2421 Discussions

EXC_BAD_ACCESS at __TBB_MACHINE_DEFINE_ATOMICS(8,int64_t,"q") on OSX Lion using pipeline

vandelayyyy
Beginner
hi all..
I'm getting an EXC_BAD_ACCESS at__TBB_MACHINE_DEFINE_ATOMICS(8,int64_t,"q")using the TBB40_20120408oss source release built as dynamic debug libs with XCode 4.3.2 using default settings (LLVM 3.1) on a Mac mini mid-2011 with i5 cores running Lion 10.7.3. The stack and project files are attached.. I've tried to keep the source as simple as I can without departing too far from the scenario that first caused the problem. It runs some concurrent_vector code through a pipeline.
The exception occurs every time the code runs.. I suspect I'm probably breaking a fundamental rule somewhere, but haven't found anything obvious. Any help finding a workaround or fix would be appreciated.
thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anton_P_Intel
Employee
HI vandelayyyy,
I have reproduced the problem on VC10.
From a quick look at the stack - you code is tryingto push items to invalid instance of concurrent_vector (with this==0).
In Filter::operator()(void *pItem), pItem is NULL
vandelayyyy
Beginner
Thanks for your quick response, Anton.. I'm new to Mac dev but now that I know what to look for it's apparent in the Mac stack too.