Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Example program output verification

irisshinra308
Beginner
Hello~

I have modified the TBB source code slightly and running the seismic application in the example directory to evaluate the performance improvement.
Although the application execute normally, I still want to check if the application produce the correct output.
How should I do this?

By the way, How to generate a file contain the TBB_TRACE information.

Any help would be grateful!

Dennis
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
The best way to check if your modifications of TBB source code do not break anything is to run the TBB test suite. Call make test from the TBB folder to build the library and run all tests. You will need GNU make for that.

I am not sure whether the seismic simulation example has any built-in checks for result correctness; probably not.

To generate TBB_TRACE, re-compile the library with DO_TBB_TRACE defined to non-zero; put more TBB_TRACE calls in task.cpp if you need it. These calls are almost like printf, except that they need double parentheses. Since the TBB_TRACE macro expands to std::printf when DO_TBB_TRACE is defined to non-zero, the trace will be printed into stdout. It's a tool for internal debugging; we did not try to make it sophisticated.
0 Kudos
irisshinra308
Beginner
Hello~

Could you tell me how long would the make test process take on a Intel Q9550 machine.
It has already took me half hour in test_assembly.exe.
I am wondering if there is anything wrong.

Dennis
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
It's quite likely there is something wrong. Most of tests should complete in a few seconds each, while few ones might require a minute or couple. But half an hour is definitely too much.

0 Kudos