Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Going down to the source code

Nav
New Contributor I
I've wanted to have a look at how the parallel_reduce was programmed, but had some trouble figuring out where the source code is.

Tried tbb22_20091101oss. It had an 'src' folder, but there was no parallel_for file.

Tried tbb30_20100406oss. It didn't have an 'src' folder.

Could someone help out? Which folders do I search for, to find the source code?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nagy
New Contributor I
Since it's a templated method I think all the code is in the header file, "parallel_reduce.h" in "include\tbb"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
nagy
New Contributor I
Since it's a templated method I think all the code is in the header file, "parallel_reduce.h" in "include\tbb"
Vladimir_P_Intel2
You also can look at examples\parallel_reduce folder to find how it works.
Nav
New Contributor I
Thanks! :) I did have a look at all the folders before posting here, but I didn't expect the code in the header files to actually be the source.
I guess that was a misconception coz long time back when learning C, I looked at the stdio.h file while searching for how printf is implemented, and realised that code isn't supposed to be in header files.

@Vladimir:
Thanks. Have tried those examples :)