Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

How to install oneTBB per object

jiboxiake
Beginner

Working on a server machine and it has oneTBB installed already. However I want to modify some classes slightly for my own project's need. So I feel the best way is to install it as a library for my project. Is there a way to add that? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can install the standalone version of oneTBB library.

Please refer to the below link to get the oneTBB standalone library.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html

Hope this helps to resolve your issue. If not, could you please elaborate more about your issue so that we can investigate from our end?

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
jiboxiake
Beginner

Hello! Thank you so much! I actually later resolved that I may not necessarily need to reimplement something. But I do have some question about accessors in concurrent hash map. I'm trying to understand how regular accessor allows updates in the map but const_accessor does not. From online examples, I found out the standard way of using this map is through creating an appropriate accessor, and call the lookup with the key and accessor. I find out an insert will create an accessor, insert with the key and accessor, and assign accessor's second to the value we want to insert. So can I say accessors are set to copy the values of the key not the pointers to the values? Thanks.

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Yes, you are right.

Accessors of Concurrent_hash_map copy the values of the key. If they use pointers then the element can be modified concurrently resulting in a data race.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
jiboxiake
Beginner

Hello, sorry I forgot to respond. Everything works well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos