Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

How to install

prakointel
Beginner
Hi all,
Im new to TBB. I want to install TBB on Windows and work on it. But when i was dowloading it from tbb site, i cudnt find the win.exe file. Can you please tell me wer to download the file and how to install it????

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890
Quoting - prakointel
Hi all,
Im new to TBB. I want to install TBB on Windows and work on it. But when i was dowloading it from tbb site, i cudnt find the win.exe file. Can you please tell me wer to download the file and how to install it????

Thanks

I guess you are reffering to the latest stable package tbb21_20080605oss on downloads page. there are instruction to install it.

The tbb21_20080605oss_{win,lin,mac,sun} packages contain binaries for Windows*, Linux*, Mac OS* X, or Solaris*, as well as TBB header files, HTML documentation, and examples.
To use TBB, download and untar/unzip the required package; the tbb21_20080605oss directory will be created with the package content. We recommend to set TBB21_INSTALL_DIR environment variable to contain the full path to that directory.
The tbb21_20080605oss_src package contains the sources and makefiles to build TBB, and also headers, docs, and examples. If used together with one of the binary packages, we recommend to untar/unzip both into the same directory.

Vladimir.
0 Kudos
prakointel
Beginner

I guess you are reffering to the latest stable package tbb21_20080605oss on downloads page. there are instruction to install it.

The tbb21_20080605oss_{win,lin,mac,sun} packages contain binaries for Windows*, Linux*, Mac OS* X, or Solaris*, as well as TBB header files, HTML documentation, and examples.
To use TBB, download and untar/unzip the required package; the tbb21_20080605oss directory will be created with the package content. We recommend to set TBB21_INSTALL_DIR environment variable to contain the full path to that directory.
The tbb21_20080605oss_src package contains the sources and makefiles to build TBB, and also headers, docs, and examples. If used together with one of the binary packages, we recommend to untar/unzip both into the same directory.

Vladimir.

Thanks Polin,
Pardon my ignorance...
But wat shud i do after i untar them both into the same directory???
0 Kudos
knmaheshy2k
Beginner
Quoting - prakointel

Thanks Polin,
Pardon my ignorance...
But wat shud i do after i untar them both into the same directory???

Follow the guide. I'll be posting more materials on that wiki. http://inteltbb.wiki.zoho.com/HomePage.html
0 Kudos
prakointel
Beginner
Quoting - knmaheshy2k

Follow the guide. I'll be posting more materials on that wiki. http://inteltbb.wiki.zoho.com/HomePage.html

I guess my question is not clear. I have downloaded the binaries.
The page didnt exactly say anything about installing.....
I mean oncei download the binaries into same directory, what am i supposed to do exactly????
What other add ons or tools wud i need to install tbb(for eg. mingw make, microsoft assembler or anything???)
Could you kindly tell me what steps to actually follow to install tbb?
0 Kudos
prakointel
Beginner
Quoting - knmaheshy2k

I mean oncei download the binaries into same directory, what am i supposed to do exactly????
What other add ons or tools wud i need to install tbb(for eg. mingw make, microsoft assembler or anything???)
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
Quoting - prakointel

If you use MS Visual Studio (but not Express Edition) in your development, you might download TBB plugin for MSVS integration fromhttp://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=129. It contains README file to help you get started with it (and TBB).

If the above does not work for you, then you should configure your environment (either in IDE or in command line) to contain paths to TBB files. Basically INCLUDE, LIB, and PATH environment variables - or corresponding IDE settings - should contain paths to TBB headers, stub libraries, and DLLs - respectively. The DLLs and their stub libs are provided in several variants, depending on the version of Visual C++ (VC 7.1goes withVS 2003, VC8 - with 2005, and VC9 - with VS 2008) and different for 32 vs. 64 bit code. So you should select appropriate libs.

If you use command line environment, there are special batch files to assist you - e.g. you define that you need 64-bit libs for VC8, then go to em64t/vc8/bin, and execute tbbvars.bat to enable the above mentioned environment variables in the current console (command line) session.
0 Kudos