Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

I can't run my TBB code

luch1t0
Beginner
Hello,
I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and TBB 2.1, when the last window of the
installation appeared, the radio buttons of the compilers appeared disabled. Now, I can't run the example
codes of TBB or any other codes.
The error is:
sub_string_finder.obj : error LNK2019: smbolo externo "public: void __thiscall tbb::task_scheduler_init::initialize(int,unsigned int)" (?initialize@task_scheduler_init@tbb@@QAEXHI@Z) sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la funcin "public: __thiscall tbb::task_scheduler_init::task_scheduler_init(int,unsigned int)" (??0task_scheduler_init@tbb@@QAE@HI@Z)

PS: I need the solution as soon as possible, I'll be very grateful for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexey_M_Intel
Employee
It seems the linker can't find correct version of TBB library. BTW, could you please check that your version of TBB has VS2008 (aka vc9) binaries ? They sould be placed in em64tvc9lib for 64-bit OS or ia32vc9lib for 32-bit OS. Default TBB installation directory is "C:Program Files (x86)IntelTBB2.1"
If the files are not there, I suggest updating TBB to a newer version.

You can also try to resolve the problem by manually adding TBB libraries to the project:

1. Open project properties dialog. Specify the path to TBB libraries, for example "C:Program Files (x86)IntelTBB2.1em64tvc9lib" to "Configuration Properties"->"Linker"->"General"->"Additional Library Directories".
2. Check that tbb.lib or tbb_debug.lib is specified in "Configuration Properties"->"Linker"->"Input"->"Additional Dependencies"

Regards,
Alexey
0 Kudos