Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

I can't run my TBB code

luch1t0
Beginner
Hello,
I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and TBB 2.1, when the last window of the
installation appeared, the radio buttons of the compilers appeared disabled. Now, I can't run the example
codes of TBB or any other codes.
The error is:
sub_string_finder.obj : error LNK2019: smbolo externo "public: void __thiscall tbb::task_scheduler_init::initialize(int,unsigned int)" (?initialize@task_scheduler_init@tbb@@QAEXHI@Z) sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la funcin "public: __thiscall tbb::task_scheduler_init::task_scheduler_init(int,unsigned int)" (??0task_scheduler_init@tbb@@QAE@HI@Z)

PS: I need the solution as soon as possible, I'll be very grateful for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexey_M_Intel
Employee
It seems the linker can't find correct version of TBB library. BTW, could you please check that your version of TBB has VS2008 (aka vc9) binaries ? They sould be placed in em64tvc9lib for 64-bit OS or ia32vc9lib for 32-bit OS. Default TBB installation directory is "C:Program Files (x86)IntelTBB2.1"
If the files are not there, I suggest updating TBB to a newer version.

You can also try to resolve the problem by manually adding TBB libraries to the project:

1. Open project properties dialog. Specify the path to TBB libraries, for example "C:Program Files (x86)IntelTBB2.1em64tvc9lib" to "Configuration Properties"->"Linker"->"General"->"Additional Library Directories".
2. Check that tbb.lib or tbb_debug.lib is specified in "Configuration Properties"->"Linker"->"Input"->"Additional Dependencies"

Regards,
Alexey