Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Improved TBB website - http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/

Bethany_D_Intel
Employee

Check out the new, re-designed Intel® TBB website, http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/.  Learn about the latest product information, download source code and samples, submit contributions, and much more!

If you have any comments or suggestions, we would love to hear them!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
klaim
Beginner
Nice changes! However I find that a link to these forums is missing...
0 Kudos
Bethany_D_Intel
Employee
Thanks and good suggestion! We now have a link to the TBB forums under the "News" menu and under Resources on the home page. Keep the suggestions and comments coming!
0 Kudos
Martin_K_9
Beginner

Looks good!

But I haven't found everything again. Are the reference manaual and tutorial/user guide only available as web pages or can I just don't find the PDF's to download?

Thanks, martin

0 Kudos
Adri_C__S_
Beginner

I can't find PDF's either. It seems that will have to go with html docs. However it would be nice to have a PDF version so we could check it offline.

0 Kudos
RafSchietekat
Valued Contributor III

I'm also missing the PDF files, to have the information available offline, and to be able to easily do full searches. And it seems that some information has not been converted (footnotes?). I'm currently sticking with the latest PDF I downloaded, unless I already suspect there's something newer I have to see, obviously not tenable in the long run.

0 Kudos
Adri_C__S_
Beginner

But why were the PDF docs dropped down?

0 Kudos
Bethany_D_Intel
Employee

Great feedback and you're right.  The TBB documentation is currently included in our other packages, but not in the open source packages available on threadingbuildingblocks.org.  We should add the HTML documentation for offline viewing. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

We added html offline documentation to all packages to <install_dir>/doc/help folder

And now we are looking for a feedback on this: how do you find it comparing to previuos pdf docs?

thank you,
--Vladimir 

0 Kudos
Adri_C__S_
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for the offline docs. I'll install update 3 and check the docs with the pdf's I have from the first launch of version 4.

Cheers,

Adrián.

0 Kudos
RafSchietekat
Valued Contributor III

Release-specific bundled offline docs are great! Note that footnotes are still missing (the first example I just found is in table "C Interface to Scalable Allocator" about POSIX, but I remember mentioning another with arguably more relevant information on this forum, so you should probably improve the HTML generation or convert the information to something else than footnotes in the source material). I can probably learn to live with non-live, non-linear searching (type, click Search, click item, scroll, click other item, scroll, repeat), or not having section or page numbers to refer to... :-)

0 Kudos