Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
2442 Discussions

Install oneTBB on Android Studio to create apps

raghavbansal27
Beginner

Hello,
I want to create an android app using oneTBB, I was thinking to use Native c++ app, but I don't know how to link oneTBB with Native C++, or is there any other way of doing that which I am missing.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Raghav, could you confirm whether the installation of Intel® oneTBB on Android Studio is completed or not? We would need that information to decide on the next steps of providing support for your query.

raghavbansal27
Beginner

Hi Arpan, Thanks for responding.
I have installed oneTBB From this link until now- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html#on...

Version- 

Intel oneAPI Threading Building Blocks for Windows 2021.5.2 108 MB Offline Mar. 03, 2022

Can you please guide me further steps.

NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

>>how to link oneTBB with Native C++

Could you please elaborate more on the above statement?

Please let us know if you are facing any errors while linking oneTBB with the complete error log.

Also please provide the environment details that you are working on.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

Raghavbansal277
Beginner

Hi,
I need to use oneTBB header files in android studio. Can you please guide me on the steps for the same?

Thanks & Regards,
Raghav

NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

We are working on your issue. we will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

we formally support Android but we don’t test on Android

You can use the build script for Android in the build directory to use oneTBB.

Please refer to the below link if you have any issues.

https://groups.google.com/g/android-ndk/c/_FHK6Jr02pE/m/N4lR9eFJAgAJ?pli=1

Thanks & regards,

Noorjahan.

NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

Raghavbansal2
Beginner
Hi,
I am still unable to connect oneTBB with android studio. Can you please guide me?

Thanks & Regards,
Raghav
Mark_L_Intel
Employee

Hello, 

What are your specific issues at this point?

Raghavbansal2
Beginner
Hi,
I want to do parallel programming using oneTBB on android device. Please guide me the process for the same.
Mark_L_Intel
Employee

We are unlikely to provide the Android specific support at this point. We don't test on Android, and may be able to address only a specific issue.

Mark_L_Intel
Employee

Hello,

In case of no response in 5 days since now, the ticket won't be supported by Intel anymore.