Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Join Node Tuple Size

Andrei_C_1
Beginner

Hi,

I am a student and work on a project which requires to use parallel code. We opted to use Intel Threading Building Blocks. In this aplication I have to use a 9-tuple join node. I developed my code in Visual Studio 2012.

(So far) I have 2 problems with this.
1) I cannot create a 9-tuple.
I can create a 8 (or less) -tuple and I get no red underlining from VS but if I try to create the 9-tuple VS tells me
"Error: too many arguments for class template "std::tuple"".
2) The join_node has "internal" errors if I try to use a 6-tuple.
When I use a 5 (or less) -tuple it works fine, but as soon as I want to use a 6 (or more) -tuple I get errors at the constructor of the join_node as well as at the make_edge functions, specifically at the input_port<*>(join_node).
The error at the constructor is not underlined but if I try to run the code (with all the make_edges commented), I get errors in the _flow_graph_join_impl.h file.
(errors in the "intelJoinNodeConstructorErrors.jpg" file)
If I uncomment the make_edges, I get every make_edge underlined, which have the input_port<*>(join_node) as the second argument.
(errors in the "intelMakeEdgeErrors.jpg" file)

How can I solve these 2 problems?
I have attached the source file and the 2 images that show the errors.
The source code is not the original one, I have simplified it so that the errors are clearer in this version.

Thanks in advance,

Andrei Costinescu

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8274588/c2977-stdtuple-too-many-template-arguments-msvc11 for explanation of the issue with std::tuple size in VS2012. The solution is also described there: define the macro _VARIADIC_MAX to the tuple size that you need. The flow graph nodes respect that macro as well, so everything should be set then.