Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
2403 Discussions

Link error: cannot open file 'tbb_dll.lib'

MemoryLeak
Beginner

Hey Guys,

I'm using Windows 10, Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362, on a x64-based Intel Core i7 processor. I installed MKL using w_mkl_2020.4.311.exe and it perfectly integrated into my Visual Studio 2019. After that I installed TBB using w_tbb_2020.3.311.exe, which also integrated into my Visual Studio 2019. Furthermore I set the environment by ".\tbbvars.bat intel64 vs2019".  When I switch TBB on by Project Property Page > Configuration Properties >  Intel Performance Libraries > Use Intel TBB, and try to compile:

int main()
{

return 0;
}
I get:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'tbb_dll.lib'.

What am I missing???

Many thanks in advance!
Greetings, MemoryLeak

1 Solution
CHEN__PENGJU
Novice

Hi, I just found a solution that can solve this liking issue, but may not be correct...

you can try to rename tbb.lib to tbb_dll.lib under 

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.4.311\windows\tbb\lib\intel64\vc_mt

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CHEN__PENGJU
Novice

Same issue..

CHEN__PENGJU
Novice

Hi, I just found a solution that can solve this liking issue, but may not be correct...

you can try to rename tbb.lib to tbb_dll.lib under 

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.4.311\windows\tbb\lib\intel64\vc_mt

View solution in original post

MemoryLeak
Beginner

Well,

works here, too. So far no problems, I hope it will stay like that! Thank you!