Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Packaging Script

bluequartz
Beginner

Is there a packaging script in the TBB source somewhere that I am missing? I would like to precompile TBB for my developers but I am not sure I want to put everything together "by hand" with each new release.

Thanks

Mike Jackson

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890

current way is to use tbbvars.sh in the build folder.

We do not have a packaging script in the releases. we had a few requests to make 'make install' target but have not received a patch. Depending on what 'make install' means for our potential contributor it can be 'install on my system' or 'make SDK for me'.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
bluequartz
Beginner

There is "make install" and there is "make package".

make install means "I will provide an installation location, put the files there".

make package means "Pack everything together so that TBB can be installed onto another computer".

So who does the packaging for the open-source releases? Does someone just gather everything together by hand? If I make my own release (Because of all the issues in my last few threads) I would at least like to to match the "official" releases so things like my cmake scripts that try to find TBB don't fail.

Thanks

Mike Jackson

0 Kudos