Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Porting tbb to Emscripten

Timmermans__Joris

I'm looking to port TBB to Emscripten, now that it seems there's enough pthreads support to make it feasible.  I've made a first attempt with my own machine config, and while the compile is successful (without the unit tests, which are a different kettle of fish to run) I have issues with undefined externals in my test application.

Specifically, __RML_open_factory, __RML_close_factory, scalable*free and malloc, etc., so it looks like it may be related to linking in the rml and tbbmalloc libraries correctly or possibly with emscripten/clang's interpretation of "weak symbols".

My question is twofold:

1. Does anyone here have any experience with this port attempt that could point me in the right direction?
  2. I'd like to eventually contribute this port back to tbb - are there any resources anywhere (besides the in-code comments) that can help me set up the emscripten inc file correctly, i.e. correct names, correct interpretation of "machine" and "platform" and "os" (which is a bit fuzzy around emscripten)?  I'm not a novice developer, it's just that this is quite far out of my wheelhouse and I'd like to start off on the right foot to speed up later reviews.
0 Kudos
0 Replies