Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2465 Discussions

Regarding Installing TBB on Fedora 9 Please Help

Praveen
Beginner
I am using Fedora 9 sulphur Kernel verision 2.6.25 on Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz. I installed Intel TBB commercially aligned release verisoin
tbb20_020oss_lin.tar.gz
tbb20_020oss_src.tar.gz

i extracted the tbb20_020oss_lin.tar.gz file and copied the three folders ie, itanium, em64t, ia32
and pasted them in the extracted tbb20_020oss_src.tar.gz folder built it using make command.

i set the CPATH to the /include/tbb
and LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to em64t/cc4.1.0_libc2.4_kernel2.6.16.21/lib

the problem is i can run the examples only using the make file in the examples folder but cannot compile and run each individual program using the command
g++ -O2 -DNDEBUG -m32 -o fibonacci Fibonacci.cpp -ltbb

Can any one tell me detailed installation process including setting env variables Please

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
llywrch
Beginner
I think your problem is that first slash in the string you have set the CPATH variable to. I believe it should read:

CPATH=include/tbb

But the simplest solution would be to first source either tbbvars.sh or tbbvars.csh (if you insist on using C shell), which will set all of the environment variables needed to use TBB. IIRC, these files live in /opt/intel/tbb/2.1/$PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE/cc$GCC_VERSION/_libc$GLIBC_VERSION_kernel$KERNEL_VERSION/bin.

Geoff
0 Kudos
Praveen
Beginner
Quoting - llywrch
I think your problem is that first slash in the string you have set the CPATH variable to. I believe it should read:

CPATH=include/tbb

But the simplest solution would be to first source either tbbvars.sh or tbbvars.csh (if you insist on using C shell), which will set all of the environment variables needed to use TBB. IIRC, these files live in /opt/intel/tbb/2.1/$PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE/cc$GCC_VERSION/_libc$GLIBC_VERSION_kernel$KERNEL_VERSION/bin.

Geoff
Thank you very Much.
I got the problem. I have been sourcing em64t library file. Instead of IA32 Thank you very Much
0 Kudos