Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
2421 Discussions

Regarding Installing TBB on Fedora 9 Please Help

Praveen
Beginner
I am using Fedora 9 sulphur Kernel verision 2.6.25 on Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz. I installed Intel TBB commercially aligned release verisoin
tbb20_020oss_lin.tar.gz
tbb20_020oss_src.tar.gz

i extracted the tbb20_020oss_lin.tar.gz file and copied the three folders ie, itanium, em64t, ia32
and pasted them in the extracted tbb20_020oss_src.tar.gz folder built it using make command.

i set the CPATH to the /include/tbb
and LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to em64t/cc4.1.0_libc2.4_kernel2.6.16.21/lib

the problem is i can run the examples only using the make file in the examples folder but cannot compile and run each individual program using the command
g++ -O2 -DNDEBUG -m32 -o fibonacci Fibonacci.cpp -ltbb

Can any one tell me detailed installation process including setting env variables Please

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
llywrch
Beginner
I think your problem is that first slash in the string you have set the CPATH variable to. I believe it should read:

CPATH=include/tbb

But the simplest solution would be to first source either tbbvars.sh or tbbvars.csh (if you insist on using C shell), which will set all of the environment variables needed to use TBB. IIRC, these files live in /opt/intel/tbb/2.1/$PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE/cc$GCC_VERSION/_libc$GLIBC_VERSION_kernel$KERNEL_VERSION/bin.

Geoff
Praveen
Beginner
Quoting - llywrch
I think your problem is that first slash in the string you have set the CPATH variable to. I believe it should read:

CPATH=include/tbb

But the simplest solution would be to first source either tbbvars.sh or tbbvars.csh (if you insist on using C shell), which will set all of the environment variables needed to use TBB. IIRC, these files live in /opt/intel/tbb/2.1/$PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE/cc$GCC_VERSION/_libc$GLIBC_VERSION_kernel$KERNEL_VERSION/bin.

Geoff
Thank you very Much.
I got the problem. I have been sourcing em64t library file. Instead of IA32 Thank you very Much