Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Run function in parallel

ahmedg
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I know that Intel TBB see that the correct parallelism is in data not in function, but in my program, I want to run a function that make an OpenGL projection and get resulted image will I run another function. Non negligible time is lost in waiting for the transfer between GPU memory and CPU.

I'm new to Intel TBB, and I don't want to mix my code with other libraries like OpenMP , ...

I there a way to run those two function in parallel in Intel TBB?

Many thanks for your help :)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anton_Pegushin
New Contributor II
Quoting - ahmedg
Hello everyone,

I know that Intel TBB see that the correct parallelism is in data not in function, but in my program, I want to run a function that make an OpenGL projection and get resulted image will I run another function. Non negligible time is lost in waiting for the transfer between GPU memory and CPU.

I'm new to Intel TBB, and I don't want to mix my code with other libraries like OpenMP , ...

I there a way to run those two function in parallel in Intel TBB?

Many thanks for your help :)
Hi, have you taken a look at the new tbb::parallel_invoke function? Is that something that fits the problem? More information on parallel_invoke can be found in this blog entry.
0 Kudos
ahmedg
Beginner
Hi, have you taken a look at the new tbb::parallel_invoke function? Is that something that fits the problem? More information on parallel_invoke can be found in this blog entry.

Hello Anton,

Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I was searching for.

Have a nice day.
0 Kudos