Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Run function in parallel

ahmedg
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I know that Intel TBB see that the correct parallelism is in data not in function, but in my program, I want to run a function that make an OpenGL projection and get resulted image will I run another function. Non negligible time is lost in waiting for the transfer between GPU memory and CPU.

I'm new to Intel TBB, and I don't want to mix my code with other libraries like OpenMP , ...

I there a way to run those two function in parallel in Intel TBB?

Many thanks for your help :)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anton_Pegushin
New Contributor II
Quoting - ahmedg
Hello everyone,

I know that Intel TBB see that the correct parallelism is in data not in function, but in my program, I want to run a function that make an OpenGL projection and get resulted image will I run another function. Non negligible time is lost in waiting for the transfer between GPU memory and CPU.

I'm new to Intel TBB, and I don't want to mix my code with other libraries like OpenMP , ...

I there a way to run those two function in parallel in Intel TBB?

Many thanks for your help :)
Hi, have you taken a look at the new tbb::parallel_invoke function? Is that something that fits the problem? More information on parallel_invoke can be found in this blog entry.
ahmedg
Beginner
Hi, have you taken a look at the new tbb::parallel_invoke function? Is that something that fits the problem? More information on parallel_invoke can be found in this blog entry.

Hello Anton,

Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I was searching for.

Have a nice day.