Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Source Code?

zach_turner
Beginner
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but where is the source code repository? I am trying to get the source code for one of the commercially aligned releases and it is not available in the download package, nor do I see an obvious way to access the TBB source repository. I do see source code is being distributed under the development packages, but this is not helpful as I'd like the code for my current release for purposes of debugging / stepping.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
robert_jay_gould
Beginner
Quoting - zach.turner
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but where is the source code repository? I am trying to get the source code for one of the commercially aligned releases and it is not available in the download package, nor do I see an obvious way to access the TBB source repository. I do see source code is being distributed under the development packages, but this is not helpful as I'd like the code for my current release for purposes of debugging / stepping.

The repository is notaccessibleby us mortals, what I mean is there is no SVN or Git server you can hookup to. What Specifically what release are you looking for?

0 Kudos
zach_turner
Beginner

The repository is notaccessibleby us mortals, what I mean is there is no SVN or Git server you can hookup to. What Specifically what release are you looking for?

I was looking for the code of the latest commercially aligned release. If the source code is not available, then how can it be called open source? I did see source code for some of the development releases, but I don't see how that can really be useful to anyone other than for the sake of curiosity / learning, since dev releases are by definition unstable, so nobody should really be using them in production code. I guess I'm confused about what definition of "open source" they are using.
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
Quoting - zach.turner
I guess I'm confused about what definition of "open source" they are using.

I guess you just did not notice the tarball with _src suffix, and did not carefully read the note at http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=138. Look for tbb21_017oss_src.tgz at the mentioned page, and click "Download" next to it.
0 Kudos
zach_turner
Beginner

I guess you just did not notice the tarball with _src suffix, and did not carefully read the note at http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=138. Look for tbb21_017oss_src.tgz at the mentioned page, and click "Download" next to it.

Well like I said in the original post, it might be a dumb question

Tell my company to stop overworking me and I'll be able to see things more clearly :)
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
Quoting - zach.turner
Tell my company to stop overworking me and I'll be able to see things more clearly :)

Nowadays one should better be happy overworking :)
I am joking, to some extent.
0 Kudos