Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Source Code?

zach_turner
Beginner
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but where is the source code repository? I am trying to get the source code for one of the commercially aligned releases and it is not available in the download package, nor do I see an obvious way to access the TBB source repository. I do see source code is being distributed under the development packages, but this is not helpful as I'd like the code for my current release for purposes of debugging / stepping.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
robert_jay_gould
Beginner
Quoting - zach.turner
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but where is the source code repository? I am trying to get the source code for one of the commercially aligned releases and it is not available in the download package, nor do I see an obvious way to access the TBB source repository. I do see source code is being distributed under the development packages, but this is not helpful as I'd like the code for my current release for purposes of debugging / stepping.

The repository is notaccessibleby us mortals, what I mean is there is no SVN or Git server you can hookup to. What Specifically what release are you looking for?

zach_turner
Beginner

The repository is notaccessibleby us mortals, what I mean is there is no SVN or Git server you can hookup to. What Specifically what release are you looking for?

I was looking for the code of the latest commercially aligned release. If the source code is not available, then how can it be called open source? I did see source code for some of the development releases, but I don't see how that can really be useful to anyone other than for the sake of curiosity / learning, since dev releases are by definition unstable, so nobody should really be using them in production code. I guess I'm confused about what definition of "open source" they are using.
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee
Quoting - zach.turner
I guess I'm confused about what definition of "open source" they are using.

I guess you just did not notice the tarball with _src suffix, and did not carefully read the note at http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=138. Look for tbb21_017oss_src.tgz at the mentioned page, and click "Download" next to it.
zach_turner
Beginner

I guess you just did not notice the tarball with _src suffix, and did not carefully read the note at http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=138. Look for tbb21_017oss_src.tgz at the mentioned page, and click "Download" next to it.

Well like I said in the original post, it might be a dumb question

Tell my company to stop overworking me and I'll be able to see things more clearly :)
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee
Quoting - zach.turner
Tell my company to stop overworking me and I'll be able to see things more clearly :)

Nowadays one should better be happy overworking :)
I am joking, to some extent.