Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Support for Clang on Linux

rwhadsell
Beginner

We have been using TBB on Linux with g++ for a few years.  Now we would like to try to use TBB with Clang.  Does anyone have a version of build/linux.clang.inc that I could use?

Are there plans to release support for Clang?

FYI: I downloaded the latest stable release of TBB (4.1 Update 1), and I have Clang 3.3 (fairly recent svn version) built with g++ 4.7.1 on Fedora 14.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rwhadsell
Beginner
This is the error that ends the build (with my attempt to merge linux.gcc.inc and macos.clang.inc into linux.clang.inc): ../../build/Makefile.tbb:39: CONFIG: cfg=debug arch=intel64 compiler=clang os=linux runtime=cc4.5.1_libc2.12.90_kernel2.6.35.14 /netDISKS/master/netmt/LINUX_INTF14/rnd/clang/3.3.0/bin/clang++ -gcc-toolchain /opt/gcc-4.7.1 -c -MMD -DTBB_USE_DEBUG -DDO_ITT_NOTIFY -g -O0 -DUSE_PTHREAD -m64 -fPIC -D__TBB_BUILD=1 -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-value -I../../src -I../../src/rml/include -I../../include ../../src/tbb/itt_notify.cpp In file included from ../../src/tbb/itt_notify.cpp:55: In file included from ../../src/tbb/tools_api/ittnotify_static.c:29: ../../src/tbb/tools_api/ittnotify_config.h:267:33: error: unsupported inline asm: input with type 'long' matching output with type 'int' : "0"(addend), "m"(*(long*)ptr) ^~~~~~ In file included from ../../src/tbb/itt_notify.cpp:55: ../../src/tbb/tools_api/ittnotify_static.c:534:13: warning: explicitly assigning a variable of type 'int' to itself [-Wself-assign] namelen = namelen; ~~~~~~~ ^ ~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Anton_P_Intel
Employee
you can temporary comment _all_ following lines in the result (from merge) makefile : ITT_NOTIFY = -DDO_ITT_NOTIFY
0 Kudos
rwhadsell
Beginner
Thanks. That got past the asm error. I thought I had another problem, but I now see what I did wrong in my linux.clang.inc. I'm retracting what I posted a few minutes ago.
0 Kudos