Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TBB 2017 Update 4 installation problem

Edward_B_
Novice

I get this error when applying TBB 2017 update 4. It seems to be related to all product updates, but I have not tried many others. The previous update worked fine.  Is this a known issue?  I only get it on my laptop, the two servers here have updated without a problem.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Edward_B_
Novice

Fixed by uninstalling the whole of Parallel Studio XE (2017), then installing Parallel Studio XE (2017) with Update 2, which includes TBB 2017 update 4.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ilya_K_Intel1
Employee

Hello Edward,

we need more details to investigate this issue.

Could you please provide us following information:

1. Configuration of your laptop, installed OS, IDE`s, previously installed Intel software products (PSXE, ISS, Standalones etc.).

2. Detailed install steps.

3. Installation log files. You can find it in directory  "C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Local\Temp\pset_tmp_PSXE2017_{user_name}\{datetime}\log".

0 Kudos
Edward_B_
Novice

1. Windows 7, 64-bit , core i7, 16GB memory, 8 logical CPUs.  Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and 2015, previously installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 (Cluster edition), with Update 1.

2. Downloaded TBB Update 4 from an email sent to me, "Intel® Software Updates Available" linking to "https://registrationcenter.intel.com/Download.aspx?ProductID=2943&EmailID=XXXX&Sequence=1863976&DefaultBld=n" (where XXXX was my email address).  I just used the installer that downloaded.

3. I'll attach the log

Thanks
Eddie

0 Kudos
Edward_B_
Novice

Fixed by uninstalling the whole of Parallel Studio XE (2017), then installing Parallel Studio XE (2017) with Update 2, which includes TBB 2017 update 4.

0 Kudos
Ilya_K_Intel1
Employee

Edward,
we`re glad that you resolved this issue by yourself but we need to find root cause of this problem to prevent wrong behavior in future.
If you still have machine with reproducible issue could you please sent us installer database file. This file is located at: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Installer\micl.db3

0 Kudos