Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
2421 Discussions

TBB Linker error on vs2010 { "__declspec(dllimport) int __cdecl InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount }

singh__avanindra
Beginner

Hi All ,

I have written an image processing related code. I used TBB for parallel implementation of computationally intensive for loops. The program runs fine on Linux. I am trying to port it on windows. When I try to build the executable , I get following linker error:

Error 61 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) int __cdecl InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount(struct _RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION *,unsigned long)" (__imp_?InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount@@YAHPEAU_RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION@@K@Z) referenced in function "int __cdecl inlineInitializeCriticalSectionEx(struct _RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION *,unsigned long,unsigned long)" (?inlineInitializeCriticalSectionEx@@YAHPEAU_RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION@@KK@Z) D:\projects\rocs_winmain\build\vs2010\release\test\feature_detection\vlfeat_interface.lib(affinefeaturedetector.obj)

I have linked the executable with tbb libraries ( tbb.lib , tbbmalloc.lib , tbbmalloc_proxy.lib ). What could I have to possibly link more to remove this linking error?...

The linking problem is coming from TBB only , because when I comment out the tbb implementation , my programs runs just fine.

Regards

Avanindra Singh 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_P_Intel2

Hello Avanindra Singh

Do you use /nodefaultlib linker key? if yes you need to add Kernel32.lib to libraries.

--Vladimir

singh__avanindra
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the reply. I am not using  /nodefaultlib linker flag , though I tried explicitly to link Kernel32.lib , but the problem still persists.

Regards

Avanindra 

Vladimir_P_Intel2

what is operation system and target SDK (_WIN32_WINNT macro setting)?

singh__avanindra
Beginner

I am using Windows 7 and I set explicitly  _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0501 at the start of the cpp file before including tbb headers. I am using msvc 2010 , x64 . Also my program , uses OpenCV and vlFeat external libraries. Could the problem also come from external libraries ?.. I mean OpenCV has option of internally using TBB ( which I have disbled , it's compiled without TBB ).