Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TBB and MinGW-w64

bherd80
Beginner
Hi,
does anyone have any experience with TBB and MinGW-w64?I'm using the TDM GCC compiler suite (http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/) because I need to write a 64 Bit application under Windows using GCC. When trying to compile TBB with "mingw32-make compiler=gcc arch=ia64" however, I'm getting the following errors:

Created .\\\\build\\\\windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_release and ..._debug directories
mingw32-make -C ".\\\\build\\\\windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_debug" -r -f ../../build/Makefile.tbb cfg=debug tbb_root=../..
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/ben/Documents/Tools/tbb/tbb30_src/build/windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_debug'
../../build/Makefile.tbb:39: CONFIG: cfg=debug arch=ia64 compiler=gcc os=windowsruntime=mingw
g++ -c -MMD -g -O0 -DTBB_USE_DEBUG -DUSE_WINTHREAD -D__MSVCRT_VERSION__=0x0700-msse -mthreads -D__TBB_BUILD=1 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-parentheses -I../../src -I../../src/rml/include -I../../include ../../src/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.cpp
In file included from ../../include/tbb/tbb_machine.h:41:0,
from ../../include/tbb/spin_rw_mutex.h:33,
from ../../include/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.h:50,
from ../../src/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.cpp:29:
../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h: In function 'int64_t __TBB_machine_load8(const volatile void*)':
../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h:148:20: error: cast from 'const volatilevoid*' to 'uint32_t' loses precision
../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h: In function 'void __TBB_machine_store8(volatile void*, int64_t)':
../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h:165:20: error: cast from 'volatile void*'to 'uint32_t' loses precision
mingw32-make[1]: *** [concurrent_hash_map.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/ben/Documents/Tools/tbb/tbb30_src/build/windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_debug'
mingw32-make: *** [tbb] Error 2
Created .\\\\build\\\\windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_release and ..._debug directoriesmingw32-make -C ".\\\\build\\\\windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_debug" -r -f ../../build/Makefile.tbb cfg=debug tbb_root=../..mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/ben/Documents/Tools/tbb/tbb30_src/build/windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_debug'../../build/Makefile.tbb:39: CONFIG: cfg=debug arch=ia64 compiler=gcc os=windowsruntime=mingwg++ -c -MMD -g -O0 -DTBB_USE_DEBUG -DUSE_WINTHREAD -D__MSVCRT_VERSION__=0x0700-msse -mthreads -D__TBB_BUILD=1 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-parentheses -I../../src -I../../src/rml/include -I../../include ../../src/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.cpp
In file included from ../../include/tbb/tbb_machine.h:41:0,
from ../../include/tbb/spin_rw_mutex.h:33,
from ../../include/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.h:50,
from ../../src/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.cpp:29:../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h:
In function 'int64_t __TBB_machine_load8(const volatile void*)': ../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h:148:20: error: cast from 'const volatile void*' to 'uint32_t' loses precision
../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h: In function 'void __TBB_machine_store8(volatile void*, int64_t)': ../../include/tbb/machine/linux_ia32.h:165:20: error: cast from 'volatile void*'to 'uint32_t' loses precision
mingw32-make[1]: *** [concurrent_hash_map.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/ben/Documents/Tools/tbb/tbb30_src/build/windows_ia64_gcc_mingw_debug'mingw32-make: *** [tbb]
Error 2

Seems that MinGW32-w64 is setting the wrong preprocessor directives. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot!
Ben
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
First of all, you should use arch=intel64.
And please take the most recent commercial-aligned release (TBB 3.0 Update 2) if you use something older.
0 Kudos
bherd80
Beginner
Thanks for your quick response.

I followed your advice, downloaded TBB3.0 update2 and used arch=intel64. However I'm still getting the same error message.
Regards,
Ben
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
I am sorry, my mistake -I forgot that the support for MinGW64 was not yet done in commercial-aligned updates. Could you please try the latest development release?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890
mingw64 support released...
0 Kudos