Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TBB and visual studio 2015

Luis_S_
Novice

Hello,

In tbb's latest version for windows there is just a library for ia32. I have windows 10 pro 64 bits and I have Visual Studio 2015 Community installed. I can compile an example using, for example, Debug x86 configuration but when I run it I get error 0xC000007B which is related to running 32 bit application on 64 bit systems.

The open source distribution has a visual studio 2012 solution to build the tbb library, I opened the solution on vs 2015 and it was updated with no problems.

I built all the cases for debug and release and compilation for x64 configuration did not give me errors. The problem is when I tried to run my program.

In release mode I got error: "the procedure entry point could not be located ?note_affinity@task@tbb@@UEAAXG@Z in dynamic library my_program.exe"

I linked my program with tbb.lib generated with visual studio 2015 for x64 architecture.

In debug mode the error is "the procedure entry point could not be located ?internal_construct@spin_mutex@tbb@@QEAAXXZ in dynamic library my_program.exe"

In this case I linked with tbb_debug.lib also generated with vs 2015 for x64

Do I have to change something before building the tbb library with vs 2015?

Is there a solution for vs 2015 that I can download?

Is there a ia64 version for the library that I can download?

Thank you very much for your attention.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_P_1234567890

hello, have you copied tbb.dll next to your .exe file?

--Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890

hello, have you copied tbb.dll next to your .exe file?

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Luis_S_
Novice

Thank you Vladimir

You are right, the dll was missing besides the exe file. I thought the problem was somewhere else.

0 Kudos