Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TBB compile problem on x64

michaelnikelsky1
Beginner

Hi there,

since there isnt a static tbb library I need to compile my own tbb-version to avoid trouble with a third-party plugin (in fact, all I need is to actually rename the tbb dll). However, 32 bit compile works fine while 64bit compile gives me this error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `atomic_support.obj', needed by `tbb_debug.d
ll'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Michael/x64/tbb22_013oss/build/windows_em64t_c
l_vc8_debug'
make: *** [tbb] Error 2

ml64 is installed and can be called, so I am a bit lost here.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Michael

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee

I have a guess. In TBB 2.2, we did a renaming em64t -> intel64 across various scripts and directories. It should work seamlessly and transparently if you set up proper VS environment for 64-bit compilation. In case you do something special and specify 'em64t' explicitly somewhere (e.g. arch=em64t), you should now use 'intel64' instead.

In case there is any place in TBB 2.2 docs that told you to use em64t, could you please do me a favor and say exactly where it is, and we will fix it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
michaelnikelsky1
Beginner

Thank you very much, that fixed the problem :)

I just used the same commandline I have used for tbb 2.1, not thinking that anything would have changed. Maybe I should have looked more closely at the docs ;)

0 Kudos