Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

TBB destructor grief

clusty
Beginner
Hey,
I just wrote my first tiny TBB test program using parallel_for and noticed that there is something fishy going on: if I try to do the cleanup on the class that implemets the blocked_range operator, it chokes with this error message:
cpuMandel_tbb(10532,0x7fff700b8ca0) malloc: *** error for object 0x100300000: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Abort trap
cpuMandel_tbb(10532,0x7fff700b8ca0) malloc: *** error for object 0x100300000: pointer being freed was not allocated*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debugAbort trap
It almost looks like it called the destructor multiple times.
The code in question is at:
Any idea what could I be doing wrong?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee
Indeed the destructor is called multiple times, as parallel_for copies the body object passed to it, by using a copy constructor. You did not provide such a constructor explicitly,in which case the C++ standard requires it is created implicitly by compilers.It's highly likely that this implicit constructor simply does a bitwise-identical copy, so you end up with multiple instances holding the same pointer to the dynamically allocated buffer and deleting it in the destructor.