Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TBB is looking for MSVCP100D.dll in VS 2012

vetroxl
Beginner

Hi,

I have Visual Studio 2012 only installed with paralllel composer xe 2013.   When I link in the tbbmalloc_debug.lib into my app it can't start because it can't find MSVCP100D.dll.   Things that I noticed:

I should state this is a clean brand new Windows 8 Box;

1. The TBBLibDir was set to vc10, so I changed it to vc11... still not working

2. I uninstalled parallel composer, rebooted and reinstalled, still not working.

What is the course of actiong to resolve this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi, >>I have Visual Studio 2012 only installed with paralllel composer xe 2013. When I link in the tbbmalloc_debug.lib into my app >>it can't start because it can't find MSVCP100D.dll I see that there is some problem with a CRT library and here are a couple of notes: - An index '10' means it is a part of Visual Studio 2010 - Do you have MSVCP100D.dll in a '%WINDIR%\System32\...' folder? - There are no MSVCP100D.lib in Visual Studio 2010 and a TBB application has to be linked with MSVCRD.lib instead ( for Debug configuration ) - There is a possibility that TBB library has an incorrect '#pragma comment' directive, like: #pragma comment ( lib, "MSVCRD.lib" ) >>...I uninstalled parallel composer, rebooted and reinstalled, still not working... I don't think that the problem was related to Intel Parallel Composer and you've prove it.
0 Kudos
vetroxl
Beginner
Hi, I don't have visual studio 2010 installed at all. So no, i don't have the dll in my system32 folder. I had to do the following to get it to work. - I removed the check box for intel tbb in the properties - I manually added the include and lib folders in my project properties - I added the intel redist to the system path. All is working now, but it would be nice to have the handy check box so I don't have to go through all the overhead in getting TBB to work under VS 2012 So, to me it looks like some sort of config issue with the install. I also tried it on a second clean machine with nothing installed but VS 2012 and Intel Parallel Compose XE 2013. Same problem. Thanks,
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>... I don't have to go through all the overhead in getting TBB to work under VS 2012 >> >>So, to me it looks like some sort of config issue with the install. I also tried it on a second clean machine with nothing installed >>but VS 2012 and Intel Parallel Compose XE 2013. Same problem... I'm not surprized that you had some issues with Visual Studio 2012. I had a couple of similar small configuration issues with TBB projects in Visual Studio 2005 and it was very easy to fix them. As usual, it has to be done just once (!) and it is very good thing when you post a solution on TBB forum.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890
Hi vetroxl, This is a known issue, it will be fixed in the one of next versions of Composer XE. As workaround you can 1. put vc11 debug libraries to vc_mt folder. This should help 2. switch off "use TBB" property and set manually include and lib environment to vc11 for debug config. hope this helps. --Vladimir
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

Hello, 

The fix was released in update 3.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos