Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TBB30 on Visual Studio 2008

qi1
Beginner

I downloaded tbb30_20100310oss_win.zip, a stable open source release of TBB30. Then I followed the instruction fromhttp://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=69945to set the environment, just using the corresponding path of TBB30. However, I still got the error as following:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying DLLs and PDBs"

I tried tbb22_20090809oss_win.zip. It worked well and the only thing I needed to do is setting the TBB22_INSTALL_DIR.

I'm really confused. I noticed that the structure of TBB30 pakage is different fromTBB22. Is it the reason?

BTW, I also tried TBB30 in Ubuntu, there was also something wrong...

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_P_1234567890

Great! we found that some of the examples still containold post build step (Build events -> post-build event). You can either change it orinclude the DLL libraries to the %PATH% and remove the post-build event.
Examples affected:
parallel_reduce/convex_hull
parallel_while/parallel_preorder
parallel_for/polygon_overlay
pipeline/square
GettingStarted/sub_string_finder
task/tree_sum

Fixedprojects will be available soon in the one of coming releases.

thanks for fast response,
--Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890
hello qi,

1. Have youset TBB30_INSTALL_DIRvariable instead of TBB22_INSTALL_DIR? Which particular example failed?
2. Since folder structure was changed you need to use project files for examples from tbb30_20100310oss* files.

And what's wrong with Ubuntu? We support it officialy and we would like to solve the issue asap if it is in the tbb.

thanks,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
Thanks for reporting the issue. However, check if this is really a blocking one for you; it might happen that the error is in copying optional libraries or PDB files. So try running the example and see if it works (provided of course that you set TBB30_INSTALL_DIR as Vladimir suggested).
0 Kudos
qi1
Beginner
Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your quick reply! Thank Alexey for the suggestions.

Let medescribe the details.

First, I'm sure that I set TBB30_INSTALL_DIR in the system variables and used the examples from tbb30_20100310oss_win.zip package.

I noticed following settings of the examples

1. In general settings of C/C++ for the project
the Additional Include Directories is $(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\include

2. In general settings of linker for the project
the Additional Library Directories are $(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc8 and $(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc_mt

3. In input settings of linker for the project
the Additional Dependenciesis tbb_debug.lib

I followed these defaut settings andgot the error
error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying DLLs and PDBs"

I changed the "$(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc8" to "$(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc9", the error kept the same.

Ichanged the directories to the absolute pathes, the error also kept the same.

Then I added the INCLUDEand LIB variables into system environment.Unfortunately, the error still kept the same.

At this time, I really didn't know what I should do.

BTW, the TBB22 was used after all the above things had been done and when used TBB22 I only set the TBB22_INSTALL_DIR and just followed the default settings of the examples from tbb22_20090809oss_win.zip package.

Thanks!
Qi
0 Kudos
qi1
Beginner
I just tried TBB30 under CSH in ubuntu. Under CSH the test passed. Maybe there's something wrong with my BASH and I'll check it out.

Sorry for annoying you.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

Great! we found that some of the examples still containold post build step (Build events -> post-build event). You can either change it orinclude the DLL libraries to the %PATH% and remove the post-build event.
Examples affected:
parallel_reduce/convex_hull
parallel_while/parallel_preorder
parallel_for/polygon_overlay
pipeline/square
GettingStarted/sub_string_finder
task/tree_sum

Fixedprojects will be available soon in the one of coming releases.

thanks for fast response,
--Vladimir

0 Kudos
qi1
Beginner
Vladimir,

I followed your instructions to change the post-build event and the problem was solved.

Thank you very much!
Qi
0 Kudos