Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Test warnings on OS X

Blas_Rodriguez_Somoz
Hello.

I'm having some problems with tbb on OS X, and I run the tests to look for problems in my library build.

I'm using TBB version 40_20111130 and OS X 10.7.
The compiler is llvmgcc-4.2 which is the default one for makefile projects, although not for XCode projects, gcc 4.2 is not included in OS X 10.7
I'd run the tests 5 times for each arch (intel64,ia32)

I get two warnings:

test_task_scheduler_observer
TBB Warning: Leaked 1 observer_proxy objects
Sometimes in Debug mode(4 times in intel64, 3 times in ia32)

test_concurrent_queue
Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 2 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.
Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 2 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.
Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 3 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.
Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 4 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.
Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 4 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.
Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 2 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 2 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 2 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 3 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 4 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.Warning: the number of succeeded pop_if_present operations is less than expected for 4 threads. Investigate if it happens repeatedly.

Always in Release mode and 1 time in Debug mode(intel64).
The number of warnings and the number of threads in each warning changes for each execution.

Are those warnings expected ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
These run-time warnings are for developers to see when something might possibly work suboptimally, or perhaps some tests do not run as expected. Correctness is not affected (otherwise it would be an error, not a warning)so you can safely ignore these diagnostics. Thanks for reporting, by the way!
0 Kudos