Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2465 Discussions

Tool for Tracing / Measuring Performance - for TBB

TRIPATHI__RIPUNJAY

Hi Team,

I have just entered in the arena of parallel computing and I am writing some parallel algorithms.
To compare the enhancement / performance and amount of "work done" I wanted to have some FREE tool which has ability like Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector.

I am using TBB on Windows Vista (Visual Studio 2010) and on Fedora 17.

Please give me few pointers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...To compare the enhancement / performance and amount of "work done" I wanted to have some FREE tool which has ability like >>Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector. >> >>I am using TBB on Windows Vista (Visual Studio 2010) You could try to use: - Performance Console ( Perfmon.exe ) - Resource Monitor ( Windows 7 & Windows Vista ) or - Windows Management Instrumentation ( WMI ) API - Windows Performance Counters ( PC ) API For example, WMI and PC APIs allow to get all needed information about threads context switches, etc. Also, take a look at MSDN topic "How to read Windows Performance Counters ".
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
And one more on MSDN: "Platform SDK: Performance Monitoring" -> "Using Performance Monitoring"
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
This is a small follow up: Also, Microsoft provides a couple of applications to get that information: - PerfMtr.exe utility ( [PlatformSDKDir]\Bin\... )( you could even find sources ) - PerfMon.exe utility ( [WindowsDir]\System32\... )
0 Kudos