Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
2421 Discussions

Tool for Tracing / Measuring Performance - for TBB

TRIPATHI__RIPUNJAY

Hi Team,

I have just entered in the arena of parallel computing and I am writing some parallel algorithms.
To compare the enhancement / performance and amount of "work done" I wanted to have some FREE tool which has ability like Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector.

I am using TBB on Windows Vista (Visual Studio 2010) and on Fedora 17.

Please give me few pointers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...To compare the enhancement / performance and amount of "work done" I wanted to have some FREE tool which has ability like >>Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector. >> >>I am using TBB on Windows Vista (Visual Studio 2010) You could try to use: - Performance Console ( Perfmon.exe ) - Resource Monitor ( Windows 7 & Windows Vista ) or - Windows Management Instrumentation ( WMI ) API - Windows Performance Counters ( PC ) API For example, WMI and PC APIs allow to get all needed information about threads context switches, etc. Also, take a look at MSDN topic "How to read Windows Performance Counters ".
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
And one more on MSDN: "Platform SDK: Performance Monitoring" -> "Using Performance Monitoring"
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
This is a small follow up: Also, Microsoft provides a couple of applications to get that information: - PerfMtr.exe utility ( [PlatformSDKDir]\Bin\... )( you could even find sources ) - PerfMon.exe utility ( [WindowsDir]\System32\... )