Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Trouble in TBB installation

kwyjibo_123
Beginner

Hi, I downloaded the INTEL TBB file: tbb30_20101110oss_win.zip

from: http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/file.php?fid=77

I couldnt' find an executable setup file in the donwload and

According to the installation guide found on TBB homepage, I was supposed to find the

file: install.txt

in the downloaded zip file. However I didnt find that one (install.txt) either. I looked into

other webpages and counld find an answer either, so perhaps someone here can help me?

I'm programing in VC++ 6.0.

Another question, does TBB only support programing for multi-core processors (e.g. Intel Quad 2)

or is it possible to use it for beowulf style cluster computers

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Thanks for using the forum. I will help you with your issue. I will be back with an update on this shortly. Meanwhile, to answer you question about using Intel TBB, the answer is that it only supports programming for multi-core processors. I will however double check this and confirm. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
I think you just need to extract it and set the TBB30_INSTALL_DIR environment variable to contain the full path to that directory. Please try that let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
kwyjibo_123
Beginner

Hi there,

Big thanks for the information.

I have extracted it as described, what I do not understand is where is the installation file (the
file to set the 'TBB30_INSTALL_DIR' environmental variable you told me about.

e.g. I run a file named TBB_setup.exe (just an imaginary example) and I'm prompted by the program
to set environmental variable.

basically, were to I run the installation from?

Thanks alot again and sorry for the late reply. I've been on vacation.

0 Kudos