Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Ubuntu 14.04 TBB Intel Parallel Studio compilervars.sh issue

RKraw
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem considering adding tbb to system variables. I have succesfully installed Intel Parallel Studio and I wanted to compile the example applications with TBB. Therefore, I launched compilervars.sh script. After the launch, icc and cilk plus worked correctly (I do not change or quit the terminal in which the script was run)- however, when trying to launch tbb application,   when running make in /tbb/examples/GettingStarte/sub_string_finder, the following error occurs:

fatal error: tbb/parallel_for.h: No such file or directory

running source tbbvars.sh intel64 dit not help either, although no errors occured.

I tried to install tbb from https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/ - the results were exactly the same.

Curious enough, when installing old version of tbb (4.2) via synaptic, everything worked ccorrectly.

Do you know how to fix that issue ?

Best regards

Rafał Krawczyk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RKraw
Beginner

Hello,

Another piece of information in this topic- when being a superuser (su command) everything works fine- after running the compilervars.sh makefile runs correctly. However, is there a method to run a makefile without superuser privilleges ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

hello Rafal,

Do you run compilervars or source compilervars? they need to be sourced.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
RKraw
Beginner

Hello,

I source the compilevars, so this is not the case.

Best regards

0 Kudos