Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Use of floating licence

davevint
Beginner

We evaluated TBB and found that it met our needs. We're now looking at rolling out the part of our product that is using it across a wider portion of the company. They would only need to build the component that uses TBB occasionally, so one of our team arranged for a floating licence to be purchased. Having installed this, I've read the EULA and saw that the floating licence should only be used with the Intel Compiler. We're using Visual Studio however.

What are our options to remain legal, without buying many more node-locked licences that will only be used once in a blue moon? I saw a similar question near the end of this thread, but the answer wasn't apparent: http://origin-software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=73795

Cheers,

Dave

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly. Thanks for using the forum.
Regards,
Krishna
0 Kudos
davevint
Beginner
Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the response. I'll await your update.

Cheers,

Dave
0 Kudos
Corey_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Dave,

Can you point me to where you read the EULA and saw that the floating licence should only be used with the Intel Compiler please?

Regards,

Corey

0 Kudos
davevint
Beginner

Hi Corey, 

Looking at the EULA linked from the TBB page <http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/EULA/Intel_SW_Dev_Products_EULA.pdf>

The end of paragraph 3.C.vi says:

Intel Library Floating License: If the Materials are the Intel(R) Math Kernel Library or the Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives Library or the Intel(R) Threading Building Blocks (either "Intel Library"), then the Intel Library is provided to you as an add-on option to either the Intel(R) C++ Compiler product or the Intel(R) Fortran Compiler product (either "Intel Compiler") for which you have a Floating license, and as such, in addition to the terms and conditions above, the Intel Library may only be used by the authorized concurrent users of that Intel Compiler Floating license

Cheers,

Dave

0 Kudos
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II

Dave, I think we can probably help you out with this.  We'll have someone contact you privately to work out the details.  Since it is already pretty late on a Friday, you probably won't see anything until early next week, but watch for some email from us.

0 Kudos