Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Wrong path getting generated for tbb_debug.dll

Khobragade__Ulka
Beginner

Hi

I have just  configured TBB on VS2005 there is issue with the compilation. I have used MSVS plugin . It seems it works as the project got compiled except one thing. it is generating wriong path for copying tbb_debug.dll file into the debug directory of the target. on manual copying of the file it links and gets executed so no issue BUT it is generating error at compile time and no exe generated   . so if anyone can guide me about correcting the issue.

these are error messages from the generated file

copy "TBB41_INSTALL_DIR\ia32\vc8\bin\tbb_debug.dll" "Debug"

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying tbb_debug.dll"

exit 1

:VCEnd

actually the path should be   "TBB41_INSTALL_DIR\bin\ ia32\vc8\tbb_debug.dll" as this is the way the folders have been created by default. So the compiler / macro generated code for copying the file  has different path and hence can't copy the file to the debug folder of the project. BUT where / how the wrong path getting generated and how to correct it 

regards

ulhas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890
Hello, Is this your project or a package example? --Vladimir
0 Kudos
Khobragade__Ulka
Beginner
I was running the samples that come with the TBB installation package .
0 Kudos
Khobragade__Ulka
Beginner
I was running the samples that comes with the project TBB 4.1 . Product Example Code . I downloaded them from http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/ some sample names are - Countstrings , game of life , ParallelAverage, SubstringFinder there are total 18 examples in folder named as chapter11 . Hope this helps you. Thanks ulhas
0 Kudos
Khobragade__Ulka
Beginner
this is the entire build log BuildLog.html
Build Log

Rebuild started: Project: ParallelSum, Configuration: Debug|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\RSP0000131601852.rsp" with contents
[
/Od /I "C:\Program Files\Intel\tbb41\include" /I "TBB41_INSTALL_DIR\include" /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "TBB_DO_ASSERT" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_MBCS" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP ..\..\src\ParallelSum.cpp
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\RSP0000131601852.rsp /nologo /errorReport:prompt"
Creating temporary file "c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\RSP0000141601852.rsp" with contents
[
/OUT:"Debug/ParallelSum.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\Intel\tbb41\lib\ia32\vc8" /LIBPATH:"TBB41_INSTALL_DIR\ia32\vc8\lib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\ParallelSum.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG /PDB:"Debug/ParallelSum.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /MACHINE:X86 /FIXED:No tbb_debug.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

".\debug\ParallelSum.obj"
]
Creating command line "link.exe @c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\RSP0000141601852.rsp /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"
Creating temporary file "c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\RSP0000151601852.rsp" with contents
[
/outputresource:".\debug\ParallelSum.exe;#1" /manifest

.\debug\ParallelSum.exe.intermediate.manifest
]
Creating command line "mt.exe @c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\RSP0000151601852.rsp /nologo"
Creating temporary file "c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\BAT0000161601852.bat" with contents
[
@echo Manifest resource last updated at %TIME% on %DATE% > .\debug\mt.dep
]
Creating command line "c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\BAT0000161601852.bat"
Creating temporary file "c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\BAT0000171601852.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

copy "TBB41_INSTALL_DIR\ia32\vc8\bin\tbb_debug.dll" "Debug"

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying tbb_debug.dll"

exit 1

:VCEnd
]
Creating command line "c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\BAT0000171601852.bat"
Output Window

Compiling...
ParallelSum.cpp
Linking...
Embedding manifest...
Copying tbb_debug.dll
The system cannot find the path specified.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying tbb_debug.dll"
Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Arena_TBB\examples\chapter11\ParallelSum\win\vc8\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
ParallelSum - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890
ulhas k. wrote:

I was running the samples that come with the TBB installation package .

"from the box" examples are tested to use zip binary package or with installation and with visual studio 2008 and newer. To use it with your binaries please update \examples\common\copy_libraries.bat with your paths. As an alternative scenario you can either clean-up post-build step in the project or just clean-up \examples\common\copy_libraries.bat file and copy required dll-files files manually. --Vladimir
0 Kudos