Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

catalog system c++

giugio
Beginner
Hello.
I would like to implement a catalogs system for my 3d engine in dx 11.
Each object type VertexBuffer, IndexBuffer skeleton, effect ,texture and light, I would like to be inserted and taken from an hashmap of smartpointers (shared pointer of boost).
Each catalog is implemented with a class that inherit from CCatalogBase and contains the hasmap with all preloaded resource (each smartpointer points to each resource).
The problem is that I do not know how to handle this in context with multithreading tbb.
E 'enough to use a hasmap tbb to handle shared resources ,concurrency, race conditions etc. .. i look?
It 's a very complicated thing?
is there any example?
thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Thanks for the interesting question. I'll come back with some thoughts on this. Again, appreciate you using the forum for your question.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
giuseppe500
Beginner
thanks.
I try to reply with my problems:
I have a scenegraph and i don't need to use multithreading in the construction of this(adding meshes, removing meshes, set effects on meshes)because i don't need in a speed gain at initialization.
My problem is for example get animation matrices or quaternions or euler angles every frame(if i have 100 skin mesh with 80 bones can be an heavy task?) , and this is a read only operation , so i think that i can use multithreading, but how? task? multithreading hasmap?
Whereas the hasmap is a shared resource is possible that there is need to use tbb.
Thanks.
0 Kudos