cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hagai_sela
Beginner

enumerable_thread_specific and copy construction

Hi,
I am using enumerable_thread_specific for thread local storage, and I want each copy to be default-constructed.
My problem is that for each item which is created, the copy constructor is called instead of the default constructor. I looked at the code and it seems that's what tbb does...

http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/files/documentation/a00292.html

in line 638:
local_index = my_locals.push_back(*my_exemplar_ptr) - my_locals.begin();

when calling push_back with the previously constructed my_exemplar_ptr the copy constructor will be called instead of the default constructor.

I guess I can use a factory method to create the objects, but the manual clearly says that if I call the default enumerable_thread_specific constructor than each copy created will be default constructed. Well, it's not...

Thanks,
Hagai.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RafSchietekat
Black Belt

What version is that? tbb30_056oss (latest commercially aligned) does seem to implement this exactly as per the specification (even if it accidentally calls that "zero initialization" on enumerable_thread_specific.h:587).
hagai_sela
Beginner

I am using it as part of the intel c++ compiler suite, version 11.1, build 072.
ARCH_R_Intel
Employee

It's a problem that was reported by another customer and fixed in TBB 3.0 update 1.

AFAIR, this version contains TBB 2.2 U3, you need to get newer version, TBB 3.0 U1 as Arch pointed or newer.
thanks
--Vladimir