Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

flow_graph (de)serialization ?

nyue
Novice

I am looking for the recommended way to serialize out the graph to some persistent form so that I can load them back for future execution. What are the recommended formats/best-practices ?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

You can use function_node to perform the computation on input data and can pass the result to successors. 

And you can use sequencer_node to forward messages in a sequence order after the execution is performed.

Please refer to the below links for more details.

https://spec.oneapi.io/versions/latest/elements/oneTBB/source/flow_graph/func_node_cls.html

https://spec.oneapi.io/versions/latest/elements/oneTBB/source/flow_graph/sequencer_node_cls.html

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

Has the information provided above helped? If yes, could you please confirm whether we can close this thread from our end?

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
nyue
Novice

The answer did not address the serialisation aspect but maybe I have not worded the question correctly.

I have gave it some thought and will probably perform the graph description (de)serialization via GraphML and using oneTBB flow_graph for the actual object (C++) that I will create to represent the dependency graph I am thinking of.

You can close the ticket if you want.

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Could you please elaborate the question and please provide the code and steps if you have followed any so that we can investigate the issue more from our end?

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
nyue
Novice

My plan is to use Boost::graph for the high level graph description and through it, serialize via GraphML

With in the boost graph node I will house the tbb flow graph node

I have posted a related question regarding Composition vs Inheritance for tbb graph node if you can respond to that, it would be great.

You can close the ticket.

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

We cannot find your post regarding Composition vs Inheritance. Could you please share the post community link with us so that we can investigate the issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
nyue
Novice

Here is the IsA vs HasA 

It has now been answered too.

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

As your issue is resolved, I am going ahead and closing this case. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos